Produced from one hundred percent own and self-harvested organic Koroneiki olives.
The taste of the small green Koroneiki olive is legendary for its richness and ingredient compositions. The geographical interaction and balance of the region of Messenia, in the Peloponnese, plays a particularly important role.
The situation is similar in other large and therefore important cultivation regions of the country, e.g. on Crete. The said interplay / balance consists of mountains and coasts, mineral soils, as well as full sun, salty rain and stiff breezes and thus provides the perfect breeding ground for a tree and ultimately the fruit.
Our Koroneiki olive oil OEL also benefits from these conditions and thus clearly stands out from other extra virgin olive oils in terms of taste, but also thanks to very good oleic acid values. To prove this, OEL has been entered in numerous international olive oil competitions and, fortunately and unbelievably, has received twelve awards in chronological order as follows:
- London International Olive Oil Competition 2018 = 3x Platinum Award
- Liebling Award of the Bauer Media Group 2019 = 1x Gold Award
- New York International Olive Oil Competition 2020 = 1x Silver Award
- Berlin Global Olive Oil Awards 2020 = 2x Bronze Award
- EVO International Olive Oil Contest 2020 = 1x Silver Award
- Athena International Olive Oil Competition 2020 = 1x Silver Award
- London International Olive Oil Competition 2020 = 1x Silver Award, 2x Bronze Award